A smile plays a vital role in heightening your appearance. However, people who have crooked or misaligned teeth have lower confidence levels and self-esteem. Not only a smile, but crooked or misaligned teeth can also ruin the overall impression of your face. It makes you feel self-conscious and might create health-related problems. If you have crooked teeth, you become more prone to gum diseases as it becomes challenging to properly clean your teeth. They also wear out faster and create difficulty in chewing food.
What is Orthodontics?
Crooked teeth have a lot of disadvantages. But advancement in dental care has made available, lot of options for the rectification of misaligned teeth. Orthodontics is a branch of dentistry that helps to counter, prevent, diagnose and correct tooth-related problems. An orthodontist is a specialized dentist that provides consultation, treatment, and care of misaligned teeth.
Advantages of Orthodontics
- Ortho treatment for teeth utilizes various appliances that help to correct misaligned teeth. It also helps to improve the appearance of the face.
- After thoroughly examining the teeth, an orthodontist can advise you on the right approach. He can suggest fixed or removable appliances, whichever is feasible for you.
- It helps the patients to chew the food properly and enjoy it.
- Orthodontic treatment helps prevent bad breath and tooth decay as aligned teeth are easier to clean and maintain.
- Children require orthodontic treatment as it reduces the risk of crowded permanent teeth, crooked teeth, and gaps.
- It augments the confidence in people who have misaligned teeth.
- It improves the functionality of the teeth as people who have misaligned teeth struggle with chewing the food.
- Aligned teeth improve the functionality and aesthetics of the teeth.
What options are available for the straightening of teeth?
The options recommended by a skilled dentist to correct the misaligned teeth are many. One of the options is braces which include ceramic braces, invisible braces, and metal braces. Another option is teeth straightening surgery. A minor surgical procedure can realign the teeth by repositioning the gums and bones of the mouth.
Dental ortho treatment is a sure shot way to rectify misaligned teeth. People will not get it corrected unless they cause a problem. It’s a personal choice if a person wants to take the benefit of orthodontics treatment. The clinic that provides complete and affordable orthodontic treatment in Noida, Ghaziabad, and Vaishali is Niyama care.